Life…either it’s fulfilling or unfulfilling. I’m in the “in between phase”, where I have a lot to do for different reasons, but it doesn’t fulfill my drive. Thus, I’m always busy and I often neglect myself.
-Here are some self-care ideas-
- Drink water!!! Seriously, how often do we meet the goal to drink the amount of water we are suppose to drink? How much water are we suppose to drink daily? 6-8 cups? 100oz? Studies show that we should drink half of our body weight. Therefore, if you weigh 200lbs, you’re suppose to drink 100oz of water a day. Using a straw and drinking out of a fancy water bottle or cup helps me drink water, as well as always keeping it by my side. Here’s a quick guide I found from Lifehack.com
- Spend twenty (20!) minutes a day to concentrate on you. Whether if it’s taking a hot bath, going for a walk, doing a hobby such as taking pictures, reading a book or roaming the internet…do something that’s just for you. I like to take short drives and sightsee. Living in Eastern Shore, Maryland, there are many back roads that lead to gems. Look forward to my future post about this. On the same note, it’s okay to do absolutely nothing…so if you just want to sit on the couch and daze off…do it!!!
- Exercise! I hate it…but I choose to exercise than to binge eat and potentially gain weight that I don’t need or want. I find it helpful for me to workout every time I feel like crap, whether if it’s for 10 minutes or a full hour…it’s something. One thing I like doing is Zumba out of the comfort of my home with my kids and my husband. To be honest, it helped me learned how to dance (I have two left feet..lol).
- Prioritize and choose happiness! If it doesn’t bring some sort of happiness in your life…get rid of it.
- Lastly, don’t be so hard on yourself. Take the time to find out who you are…what you like, what you don’t like and start from there.
Now, get out of the mindset that you don’t have time for self care…